Pictured: Mirror Lake in Autumn.
Seasons greetings and happy new year! I have a few updates for you.
- My novel is done and with my agent. Fingers crossed it’s ready to sell and won’t need any more work!
- I’ve been invited to spend another year discussing contemporary short stories at the Ploughshares blog! You can see the list of what I’ve done so far here.
- Spartan’s winter issue is now live! You can check it out here.
Pictured: Mirror Lake, early fall.
It has been over a month since I’ve updated the blog! Here’s what’s going on.
1. My second child, August, was born at the end of September! He’s healthy and vigorous and sleeping about as much as you’d expect from a kiddo only a few weeks old. We’re smitten.
2. My Jack Straw fellowship is wrapping up this Saturday at the Downtown Library, with a reading at 2 pm. More details here. It has been a great experience, with interviews, training, and almost a dozen readings. I recommend that anyone apply.
3. Spartan hosted a reading for Lit Crawl Seattle, featuring contributors Jenny Hayes, Robert P. Kaye, M.C. Easton, and Ian Denning. Here’s an interview I gave promoting it.
4. I’m working on the second round of edits on my novel with my agent. It’s getting close. I’ll let you know once it’s ready. Meanwhile, I have a handful of stories out right now that I hope will get picked up by literary journals. I had a flash fiction piece picked up recently by Adroit Journal, and you can read it here. Also, I’ve now reviewed over 40 stories for the Ploughshares blog…tough to believe! There’s a cache of them here.
Pictured: Shilshole Bay Marina.
Whew! Life is busy. Finally getting some updates going.
1. I’ve finished revising my novel, which was difficult but rewarding. My agent gave me great feedback, and I took it and ran with it, and I think the novel is much, much stronger as a result. The next step might be further editing, or it might be ready to sell…I’ll post when I hear news from her. Fingers crossed!
2. I’ve got a few readings coming up, all with the Jack Straw fellows: tomorrow night at the Rendevous, August 28th at University Bookstore, and Nov. 7th at Seattle Public Library! Also, Spartan is hosting a Seattle Lit Crawl reading on Oct. 22nd. More on those later.
3. Last but not least, my Ploughshares column is going strong! Check out all 30+ of my reviews here.