Picture: BNSF at Shilshole
Fall has arrived! Here are a couple of updates.
- Spartan and myself and my partner-in-crime Miles Wray are hosting a reading at Phinney Books on September 29th at 7 p.m., in conjunction with Dock Street Press’s monthly literary salon. We’ll be celebrating the release of our third print issue with readings by local contributors Ian Denning, Q. Lindsey Barrett, and D.A. Navoti. We will also have wine and beer and water. Come!
- After a long delay brought on by the wonderful craziness of the new addition to my family and a move across the city to a bigger home for the kiddos, I’m getting back into teaching winter quarter. I’ll post more details as they come about.
Pictured: Mason Lake
I sincerely hope your summer has been splendid thus far. Here’s a quick update.
1. I had a story picked up by Boston College’s Post Road Magazine. I’m really proud to have work in there, as it’s a publication I’ve long admired. The journal will come out in late fall/early winter, in print and possibly online as well. I’ll post a link when it does.
2. Mark your calendars for September 22nd at Phinney Books! Spartan will be co-hosting a reading with Dock Street Press’s monthly salon. Miles and I are putting together the print copy as we speak. We’re excited to get it out there for folks to read. More on that soon.
Pictured: Yakima River
Greetings! Once again, it has been too long since I’ve posted. But life, oh wondrous life, how it gets in the way of blog posts. Here’s the scoop.
1. Aaron Burch and Uzodinma Okehi are making a stop August 3rd at Naked City Brewing as part of their book tour, and they’ve invited Jessie Knoles and myself to read there with them. Once all the details coalesce into an invite, I’ll post a link.
2. Print issue #3 of Spartan is beginning to come together, and Miles and I are pretty excited about this one. We’ve locked in Anna Marie Farmer to help us with the artwork, and we’ve got tentative plans for a release party in September. More on that later, as well.
3. No novel news. Hopefully I’ll have a substantial update on The Hummingbirds by next month.
More soon, be well,