Pictured: Upper Yakima River w/ Pontoon boat
Couple of pieces of news:
1. Tin House just accepted one of my short stories, “You’re Making It Sound Like Something It’s Not,” for publication in their Flash Fridays section! I’ll let you know when it goes live.
2. I’ve written a few more of my weekly posts for the Ploughshares blog, and created a page to keep track of them all. Check it the “Reviews” section above.
Pictured: Rattlesnake Lake
Couple bits of news!
1. I’m thrilled to have a story in the new print issue of Redivider, called “Fit to Scale.” Grateful to the editors!
2. My first few lit journal reviews for the Ploughshares blog are up. You can see them here, here, and here.
3. Yesterday I got an incredibly insightful editorial letter, along with annotations on my novel manuscript, The Hummingbirds, from my agent Reiko Davis. I’m gathering my wits and over the next few months will be tuning the novel up and getting it ready to (hopefully) sell. Wish me luck!
Pictured: Upper Yakima River
Happy New Year’s!
I’ve got some news:
1. For the 2015 calendar year, I’m stoked to be taking over a weekly column for the Ploughshares blog, where I’ll be writing reviews of short fiction. The first one is this Saturday…once I get a few done I’ll post links to them and maybe start a tab on the banner or something.
2. I’ve also been selected to be one of this year’s group of Jack Straw fellows. It’s a year-long program that includes public readings, radio spots, an anthology, as well as lots of training in audio and public readings. It’s a huge honor and I’m excited to be a part of it.
3. We’ve already got a handful of signups for my Saturday Morning Fiction workshop through Hugo House in Ballard, but there’s still time and spots open to sign up.
4. We picked up the newest print issue of Spartan this morning from the good folks at Third Place Books in Lake Forest Park. They look great! In March we’ll be holding a reading and release party – more on that soon. In the meantime, we got some press on Flavorwire (thanks to Sarah Seltzer!) where Spartan was listed as one of the “Ten Unique and Funky Lit Mags to Check Out in 2015.” You can read it here.